Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I am a Christian, I am Catholic and I am Pro Life. I believe in the sanctity of life from conception through natural death.
I just wanted everyone to know where I stand. No confusion.

The new HHS mandate about contraception and abortive drugs is wrong and offensive. The government has no right to tell religious organization they can't live out their faith. That is a slap in the face to the right to practice religion.

The Susan G Komen foundations inability to stand up to the all powerful planned parenthood is also offensive. I have not and will not donate to them until they no longer support planned parenthood's assault on life. 330,000 thousand abortions every year. 330,000 babies denied the right to life. That is horrendous.

The fight to find a cure and support those with breast cancer shouldn't be so tied into planned parenthood. There are other avenues, but we aren't allowed to discuss those. Access to mammograms and treatment is extremely important. But I don't buy for a second that it has to be through abortion clinics. My prayers to those struggling with breast cancer.

I consider myself to be a conservative democrat. On balance I agree with the democratic party but not on life issues. I have never voted based on one issue. This year may be different. I am feeling like my only voice is my vote. Everything else is drowned out by media bias and the strong arm of planned parenthood. Their lies and mistruths make fox news look like wimps.

I have seen it with my own eyes. Doctors forced out of their jobs for asking questions about the effects of abortion on women. The dialogue can't even happen. Where is the justice in that? We all buy into the word choice. We think our freedom is tied up in it that word. That is a lie.

I have seen with my own eyes, women who choose life being ridiculed by those around them and the media. If someone chooses to let God choose and control their life, they are looked at like weirdos. Those young people who choose to wait for marriage to engage in sex are also scorned and ridiculed. Why is that? Why are we telling our young people that choice means promiscuity and don't worry about any recourse. If you get pregnant we will just "terminate" the pregnancy. How is that doing our kids justice? Is there true freedom in promiscuity and abortion?

Those that try to speak for Life and Christ' message are scorned. We are topics for fodder.

I am Pro Life. The supposed want or need of child should never determine if they have the right to life. The idea that a handicapped child, either physically or mentally, have nothing to offer our society and should be terminated is genocide. Why do we buy into these lies?

Am I to harsh here. If I have hurt anyone's feelings that is not my intention. I don't judge people, I know people make choices in there life and have to live with those choices. I have made choices in my life that I would change. I understand given where I was at that time in my life it was what I thought was right. I thank God I was never in the unfortunate situation where abortion was considered. I pray for those in desperate situations.
But for any of us to make valid choices there has to be a clear understanding of what is really at stake.

Let's have true dialogue. Let's have true freedom to practice our religious beliefs.

If you have read this whole piece. Thanks. If you disagree but read the whole thing anyway, Thanks. If you would, please join me in praying for a world of peace and love.

God Bless us all.

2 comments: